Having a cold is for the birds. I was just thinking to myself, Hmmm I haven’t been sick in like 6 months! And lo and behold, those little germs were just waiting in the wings ready to pounce. And pounce they did. So here I sit, snuggling with Diesel on the couch, breathing through my mouth and burning through a box of tissues.
And since I don’t have cable, (woe is me), I turn to my trusty blog. What to write, what to write. Here’s a few useless tidbits I’ve put in to practice lately.
1. I don’t wash my hair as much. I used to lather up every day, but since reading this blog by a fabulous NYC hairdresser, I’ve put a little more thought into the products and styling I subject my locks to. Biggest change? Less washing, more bedhead. Mmmhmmm.
2. I’m obsessed with drinking naturally flavored water. Lemon slices. Mint leaves. Cucumbers. Lime juice. pomegranate seeds. Yummers. I’m telling you, I’ve read so many articles on the benefits of doing this, and -BONUS- it’s easy to do! From boosting weight loss to jump starting digestive health to kicking that nasty soda habit, fruit and herb infused water will be your go to drink from this day forward. I do, you do. Amen.
3. Say it with me, coconut oil. On everything. I purchased a jar of organic, extra virgin coconut oil and I’ve been using it as a body lotion. Move over olive oil, coconut oil is just getting started. Supposedly it’s better than EVOO to cook with and it’s an amazing, light, natural body lotion and conditioner replacement. Who knew? It’s a soft solid at room temp, but it turns liquid as soon as you scoop it up – the heat from your hands melts it immediately. Buy some. Now. Go. Do it.
4. Soup, it’s what’s for dinner. Hit up my Pinterest food board, Get In My Belly, and you will find a handful of delicious and healthy soups to warm your coldest winter nights. Comfort food doesn’t have to make your butt fat. (That one’s a freebie, y’all.)
5. Shine, shine, shine. If you knew me during my freshman year at college, you would know that it used to take me forever to get ready to go, well, anywhere. Literally, hours. These days, a good 30 minutes and I’ll have on a face full of makeup and a snappy outfit, sailing out the door. Living with a boy changes you that way. (Thank goodness, says he.) One of my favorite beauty products is Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Powder. Cheekbones, bridge of the nose, inner corner of the eyes– totally gorg. Get this one, or get any one. Just make sure it’s a very fine shimmer, one that only catches in the light when you turn a certain way. We’re not in Cirque du Soleil, mmkay? Big chunks of glitter = no-no.
Have a good Wednesday, y’all. Pray for our nation, pray for our President. And drink some lemon water.